Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tell me this was jus a dream. August 15, 3:15

August 15,

the day started out pretty ok. till i went to the balcony to have
a cigarette. Just then, a friend SMSed me and at that point, i saw
the time, it was 3:15.

When someone broke that tragic news to me, i couldn't say a word.
Its hard to swallow the fact that the person who i just saw the day
before, is now gone.

Usually, every time i walked past the sales room, Astley's place would always
be empty, cos he'd be out in schools. But I had always known that
most of the times, he'd be back in the office by 6+ and both of us would
be at the balcony to enjoy the last stick of the day before i head home.

Now, when I walked past that room, i still see his empty place. But things
are different now. He's never coming back. We never had that last stick
on that day.

Old people and sick people, when they passed, even though its painful,
you have more or less psyched yourself for the worst.

But how was i supposed to be psyched for this?

I couldn't forget that day and I wouldn't forget the memories
that we had. Astley, thank you for the treats, all the rides home
and finally, thank you for giving me the chance to get to know you.
It's been an honour.

Only time could heal this pain that all of us are feeling.

Tell me this was just a dream, August 15, 3:15.

May you rest in peace, my brother.

-gazza